After applying for admissions to WVC (www.wvc.edu/apply), complete the steps below before the next Enrollment Deadline (find dates and deadlines at www.wvc.edu/AcademicCalendar).
1. Apply for funding (optional)
If you plan to apply for financial aid, do so as soon as possible, even if you are not planning to attend the upcoming quarter. It can take 6 to 8 weeks for your financial aid application to be processed.
You can apply online by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.studentaid.gov. Students unable to apply for FAFSA due to immigration status may instead complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at FinancialAid@wvc.edu or (509) 682-6810 if you have questions about the FAFSA, WASFA, financial aid, loans, grants, or scholarships. Visit www.wvc.edu/FinancialAid for more information.
Check your eligibility for additional forms of grant support or scholarship funding:
|CAMP: www.wvc.edu/CAMP||Workforce Grants: www.wvc.edu/WorkforceGrants|
|TRiO SSS: www.wvc.edu/TRiO||Scholarships: www.wvc.edu/Scholarships|
Tuition is due two weeks before classes begin. WVC offers a Tuition Payment Plan that allows you to make payments in three installments during the quarter. Contact the Cashier Office at Cashier@wvc.edu or (509)682-6500 if you have questions or visit www.wvc.edu/Pay for more information.
2. Determine your placement
Before you can sign up for classes, we must determine your college-readiness and placement into English and math classes at WVC. Visit www.wvc.edu/Placement and take the Pre-Placement Questionnaire to determine if you need to take a placement assessment or if you have other documentation that can place you into classes. You can upload your placement documents online or, if needed, request a placement assessment using the online form.
Contact Educational Planning and Placement at Placement@wvc.edu or (509) 682-6830 if you have questions.
3. Enroll in classes & make a plan
- New College Students: After your placement has been determined, the Educational Planning and Placement
staff will help you sign up for a required online advising and registration tutorial.
After you have completed the online tutorial, you can schedule an educational planning
appointment with a College Navigator. You must sign up for classes at least two weeks
before the quarter begins.
- Transfer-in Students: If you have earned credits from another college, email a copy of each
unofficial college transcripts to EdPlanning@wvc.edu and let us know what degree/program you are working toward. A College Navigator will review your transcripts and contact you with next steps and schedule an appointment if needed. You must sign up for classes at least two weeks before the quarter begins.
- Former WVC Students: To find your Enrollment Appointment time, login to ctcLink. You will be able to sign up for classes online on or after your assigned time. If you need to update your educational plan, contact your Faculty Advisor (your Faculty Advisor’s contact information is found in ctcLink).
- New College Students: After your placement has been determined, the Educational Planning and Placement staff will help you sign up for a required online advising and registration tutorial. After you have completed the online tutorial, you can schedule an educational planning appointment with a College Navigator. You must sign up for classes at least two weeks before the quarter begins.
If you are undecided about your future educational and career goals, visit www.wvc.edu/CareerTools to take career assessments, explore career paths, research majors, and more.
If you have earned credits from another college, contact the colleges you’ve earned credits from to order an official transcript be sent to WVC and then request a Transcript Evaluation from WVC to determine if your prior credits can be used toward degree requirements at WVC. Evaluation request forms are available at www.wvc.edu/TranscriptEvaluation. Contact the Admissions/Registration Office at email@example.com or (509) 682-6806 if you have questions.
If you require special accommodations for learning or physical disabilities, contact
the Student Access Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (509) 682-6850. For more information, visit www.wvc.edu/StudentAccess.