Distance Learning For Students
Learning from home can be a bit of a transition. Here are some recommendations to make things more workable.
Equipment and Software - A Good Basic Setup Includes:
- Webcam w/microphone
- Headphones or speakers
- (or) Laptop – Most laptops have built-in speakers, camera, and microphone (the following
items are recommended for better productivity)
- Large Monitor
- Software Minimum
- Email: https://outlook.office.com/mail
- Office: https://portal.office.com
- This includes Office Online and the installation files to download Office on personal devices (tablets, laptops, computers).
- Zoom: https://zoom.us
- For more information, please see our helpful Zoom page.
- Canvas: https://wvc.instructure.com
If you have any questions, please email the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the helpdesk during normal operating hours at (509) 682-6550.