Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Download the WVC Strategic Plan (PDF). Download an accessible version of the WVC Strategic Plan 2018-23 (Word). Jump to archives.
Goal 23.1: Wenatchee Valley College will foster an environment where students reach
their educational goals and direct their own futures.
- Objective 23.1.1: Increase five-year student program completion and transfer rates.
- Objective 23.1.2: Expand student learning community opportunities.
- Objective 23.1.3: Provide technology as a foundation for students to succeed in and adapt to a changing
- Objective 23.1.4: Support current and expand future baccalaureate opportunities at Wenatchee Valley
- Objective 23.1.5: Integrate “soft skills” for students into college-wide student learning outcomes
and across the curriculum.
- Objective 23.1.6: Support the development of faculty to become leaders in their fields.
- Objective 23.1.7: Create faculty and staff teaching communities to support collaboration and improve
Goal 23.2: Wenatchee Valley College will support students through a holistic approach
which effectively admits registers, advises, mentors and retains students.
- Objective 23.2.1: Increase student-to-student mentoring programs.
- Objective 23.2.2: Improve student orientation.
- Objective 23.2.3: Develop and require student college success gateway courses for all students.
- Objective 23.2.4: Support the full implementation of a one-stop student service experience.
- Objective 23.2.5: Increase the quality of faculty advising and educational planning.
- Objective 23.2.6: Continued advancement and use of multiple means of assessments for placing students
in English and Math courses.
Goal 23.3: Wenatchee Valley College will be a responsive cultural and educational
hub through proactive outreach and community partnerships.
- Objective 23.3.1: Increase online offerings and access options to accommodate time and place restrictions
- Objective 23.3.2: Wenatchee Valley College will seek to maintain a level of technology to meet community
- Objective 23.3.3: Provide greater internship and job shadowing opportunities for students in the community.
- Objective 23.3.4: Provide responsive curriculum and programs for the community.
- Objective 23.3.5: Increase college outreach through traditional and non-traditional sources to reach
underserved segments of the community.
- Objective 23.3.6: Provide clear evidence throughout the district of the college’s presence and role
in the community.
- Objective 23.3.7: Develop a coherent plan to accurately assess community needs.
Goal 23.4: To achieve equity, Wenatchee Valley College will become a more inclusive,
diverse and culturally rich institution that establishes a thoughtful and respectful
- Objective 23.4.1: Double international enrollment.
- Objective 23.4.2: Create a college-wide diversity strategic plan.
- Objective 23.4.3: Strive to increase the diversity of our faculty to more closely reflect our diverse
students and the community.
- Objective 23.4.4: Develop an inclusive working environment to support and retain diverse faculty and
- Objective 23.4.5: Use universal design principles to make Wenatchee Valley College fully accessible.
- Objective 23.4.6: Increase diversity course offerings and implement a diversity requirement for program
- Objective 23.4.7: Improve college relationships among faculty and staff to support open, respectful
and inclusive discussions on diversity.
Goal 23.5: To support student learning, Wenatchee Valley College will be efficient,
transparent and accountable through deliberate, collaborative and sustainable alignment
- Objective 23.5.1: Fund a grant coordinator position to broaden funding sources and increase institutional
- Objective 23.5.2: Enhance partnership with Wenatchee Valley College Foundation to grow community financial
- Objective 23.5.3: Develop transparent, stakeholder-built budgets that are informed by data.
- Objective 23.5.4: Create efficiencies through application of technology and automation.
- Objective 23.5.5: Enhance enterprise technology to meet Wenatchee Valley College’s needs first.
- Objective 23.5.6: Build, equip and maintain sustainable facilities that are focused on student learning
Goal 23.6: Wenatchee Valley College will promote a climate of ongoing improvement
based on its mission, core themes and college wide student learning outcomes.
- Objective 23.6.1: Use technology to widely distribute data on student success at all levels to college
- Objective 23.6.2: Full participation of those in instruction and non-instruction at Wenatchee Valley
College in collecting, analyzing, reporting and formulating improvements centered
on college-wide student learning outcomes.
- Objective 23.6.3: Effectively communicate Wenatchee Valley College improvement efforts to internal
and external stakeholders.
Strategic Plan 2013-2017